According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), every online brand and business website must be accessible to those with disabilities, or it could be at risk of facing unnecessary legal litigation. If your online presence does not adhere to a certain set of rules, behaviors, code standards and design guidelines – known as website accessibility – you, as a business owner could be held liable and faced with an unnecessary lawsuit.
How do you make sure your website is ADA compliant?
- Compliance with pertinent legislation including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 508, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level AA.
- An accessibility statement confirming your website’s compliance status to all visitors
- Ongoing maintenance involving a rescan of your website every 24 hours to ensure all content updates and adjustments are accessible and compliant
- On brand accessibility icon for your website.
Gifted Owl uses a leading AI-powered web accessibility solution that makes websites accessible to people with disabilities, and compliant with the WCAG, ADA, and other accessibility legislation.
So, where does this leave you? There are a few options:
- Do nothing… However, you could be at risk of a lawsuit and we DON’T recommend this! By opting out of service you release Gifted Owl of any potential litigation.
- Use a “Free Plugin” service that only provides 20-50% coverage on compliance
- Use Gifted Owl to ensure your website stays compliant and protected from litigation